Saturday 20 Dec 2014

leaderboardads728x901percentcashbackpromopng

Airman Remembered in Private Memorial

The life of Senior Airman Colin J. Marshall (24) will be remembered today in a private memorial celebration at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base.

prior story

We received reports that an airman in the vicinity of the Pikeville ballpark took his own life Tuesday night as a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Deputies from the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office were called to the scene however the OSI (Air Force Office of Special Investigations) was called in to conduct the investigation.

The Seymour Johnson Air Force Base Airman, assigned to the 911th Air Refueling Squadron, 916th Air Refueling Wing died Tuesday evening in Pikeville, N.C.

Senior Airman Colin J. Marshall, age 24, was found in his car and no foul play is suspected.

“Our entire wing is grieving his loss today,”  said Col. Greg Gilmour, 916th ARW commander. “We are doing everything we can for the family and our thoughts and prayers are with them during this tough time.”

Marshall was a refuel and bomber aircraft journeyman that joined the Air Force in 2008. He deployed overseas for a few months in 2011 and had been stationed at Seymour Johnson for the past four years.

The case is still under investigation.

1. GoldsboroNative says:

This is so sad! Deepest sympathy and prayers for his family.

2. commonsense says:

Any updates about this tragedy?

• andrea says:

My sister was one of his best friends, they always gamed together on saturdays with a small group of friends at my parents home. We were told that his funeral would be today 3/27/2013 in texas with his family.

I did not know him well, but everytime I saw him he was happy and laughing. He was a sweet young man that was just fun to be around. Saturday night he was with friends happy as he always was. From what I heard he had just gotten his open water diving certificate, was working on his private pilot liscense and had earned the rank of sgt. that he would have gotten on the 1st. (he was awarded his stripes at the memorial).

I wish I would have known him better. He will be deeply missed around my families dinner table.

I ask that people learn to be a little kinder and to ask a stranger how they are doing. It may save some one.

3. AnD1 says:

I will miss him so much, As a friend with no answers I wish I knew more. I only know a memorial serive is set on base today, the 26th.

4. Billie Aliu says:

Thanks for the wonderful comments. Colin is going to be truly missed. Love you, Colin.

5. CPRXD says:

My sincerest condolences for the family. My parayers are certainly with you and Colin.