Tuesday 12 Dec 2017

dr-ali-revjpg

Employee Killed At Butterball Plant In Mt. Olive

An electrical accident turns fatal at the Butterball facility in Mount Olive.  28-year old Robert McCullen was electrocuted during maintenance duties, and he eventually died following Tuesday’s incident at the Butterball plant on Garner Chapel Road.  EMS arrived on-scene around 1:30 PM and found staff performing CPR on McCullen.  Emergency workers continued resuscitation efforts, but McCullen eventually passed away on the scene.  A statement says Butterball is conducting an internal investigation into the accident, and the company is cooperating with authorities as they investigate.  McCullen was a maintenance team worker and had been with Butterball since 2010.  Grief counseling and support will be available at the Mount Olive Butterball facility.

1. Scottie says:

I work in maintenance doing the same type of work that this young man did and it truly is a dangerous career, you must be on your toes at all times ir a tragedy like this can quickly unfold. He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers

2. RLBarnes says:

To my Pam, till my last breath, till I’m called on high, till the angels come and i see the light, till the very end, till i give in, till the last beat of my heart, no I can’t swear that I’ll be here for the rest of your life but I swear I’ll love you for the rest of mine.

3. Easy E says:

Been working with Robert for some years now. It is definitely a tragedy . My prayers are with his family. It was a pleasure to work with him and to be around some one so young but with such a great character and work ethic. It is a pity that more young people don’t display such attributes, as well as some older ones. Those of us that are co-workers are deeply saddened . We lost a friend.

4. Richard Cranium says:

Really a man dies from doing his job and all you can talk about is the family getting paaaaaiiiid?! REALLY? you my friend need some manners and more than likely counseling and meds. It’s people like you that make living in today’s society a drag

5. Phil says:

A terrible tragedy. I give my condolences to his family, friends & co-workers.

6. Curious George says:

This is so sad. I hope RL Barnes doesn’t get on here and talk foolish, I’m praying for his family and I’m still wondering if RL Barnes is that guy from Rosewood who has been on workman’s comp for 3 or 4 years and trying to get disability from the state from a supposed back injury, yet he is all the time hunting, fishing and on Facebook live making videos all the time. Wonder what the disability and workman’s comp fraud dept will say when this is reported, several people plan to report this and already are in the process!! Ridiculous, if you can hunt and fish and ride around, your back isn’t messed up too bad! Get a grip!

• kelly tom says:

Report him workers comp. and SSD. takes fraud very seriously and will prosecute to the fullest.

• RLBarnes says:

Enough is enough, until you walk a mile in my shoes STFU. Just because I hurt my back doesn’t make me a vegetable or invalid. I’m so ticked right now, I’m going to take some zzquil and Benadryl, turn on forensic files and rest, I’ve had it.

7. Friend of Robert says:

Thank you for publishing more of the correct facts than WRAL did yesterday. Moreover, he didn’t “eventually die”. It was a freak accident and died almost immediately! He had NO heartbeat when the EMS arrived although his teammates/friends were doing CPR on him. Let’s let people know that Robert did not suffer! Let’s pray for Robert’s teammates, friends, family, his daughter! Let’s pray for the people that work at Butterball for this has affected everyone there! It was clearly God’s timing to call Robert home. I know he’s in heaven trying to get the word to everyone that he is okay!

• Gail says:

If he was married, his wife is about to get paaaaaaaaaiiid. If not, his baby momma is still going to get a nice piece of change for that youngin.

• kelly tom says:

Praying for the family, friends and all co workers involved.

• Praying says:

Sad that they have lost a father/husband/son and money Is the topic. So sorry for this familys loss. It is heartbreaking.

I am sure that “getting paaaiiiiiid” is not what they have on their minds right now. Praying for this family.

• Gail says:

Money won’t bring him back, but it sure will help. You’ll see when his baby momma start driving around in that Ford Mustang GT.

• Gail….your attitude and your comment are both despicable and disgusting. No other way to say it….

• Julz says:

I’m sure the last thing any family member is thinking about is getting PAID…..I would rather have my husband alive than receive 150 huge payouts…no money in the world could ever ease the pain of losing someone you LOVE….not a husband, father, mother, brother, sister, child or grandchild.

• Gail says:

Once you get that direct deposit, you will start to see things differently. You can always get another husband. Then again, maybe you would realize that you would rather be footloose and fancy free.

8. Praying says:

This is awful !!!! Praying for this family !!??