Monday 18 Mar 2019

jacksonsbannerdft2sept15png

Trash Fire Burns Out Of Control (PHOTO GALLERY)

Late Tuesday afternoon, Mount Olive firefighters were dispatched to a trash fire that was endangering a structure on the 100 block of Barwick Road. As the first fire units arrived on the scene, they found several small buildings burning behind the residence. Mutual aid was then requested from Dudley and Indian Springs. The brush fire had gotten out of control and set three other small structures on fire. The quick response of the firefighters kept the blaze from spreading further. Firefighters remained on the scene for about an hour knocking out hot spots and raking through the debris to make sure the fire was completely out. No one was injured. The cause of the fire may have been from a burn barrel near the structures.

Leave a Comment

GoldsboroDailyNews.com welcomes and encourages all our users to contribute and voice their opinions. We do not discriminate against any political or ideological views. In order to maintain a civil discussion, the following guidelines will be adhered to:

1.Profanity is not allowed. Comments containing anything that is deemed profane may be deleted entirely.
2.Hate speech will not be tolerated. Comments against a person based on their race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, etc. may be deleted entirely.
3.Threats will not be tolerated. Comments threatening harm or violence to a person or persons may be deleted entirely.

Goldsboro Daily News staff reserves the right to approve, edit, or delete any comments as they see fit based upon these guidelines. User-submit views and comments do not necessary reflect the views and opinions of staff and management of GoldsboroDailyNews.com.