Tuesday 21 May 2019

Suspect Pursued After Fleeing Traffic Checkpoint

A suspect attempts to avoid a traffic checkpoint and ends up leading police on a high-speed chase. Officers with the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office were conducting a checkpoint on Old Smithfield Road in the Rosewood area Tuesday evening when a Ford F-150 ran through the checking station. The officers gave chase, pursuing the vehicle approximately six miles while reaching speeds of up to 127 mph.  When the pursuit ended, the driver, Xavier A. Thompson was taken into custody after a brief struggle with officers.  The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office reports two officers received minor cuts to their hands, and one required treatment at Wayne UNC Health Care.  Thompson was held on a $20,000 bond.

Xavier Antonio Thompson

1. Slim says:

Little ok lady !! Lol . sorry u think that way but its ok. My grand parents taught me a lot .stuff they went through to raise kids!. And it want good what they had to say buying land and driving a tractor to Wilson in 30 degree temp to sell produce . and grand parents said thing will never change or be equal. Don’t care what you think or call it . look around. I’m good wit any body that treat me equal. And no I’m not gonna let my race be put down we all done wrong . and they WRONG in every race. Im cool wit all if they cool wit me .It’s out there. Play blind if you want to.its ok though . not mad. Sorry if me and Kathy an others see the real world .

• Adamrothman says:

What she is trying to explain to you is that you are projecting. There will be a white person that is charged with simple possesion and you will claim racism because it doesnt get the same reaction as the black guy that was caught with a bunch of heroin. There are many articles about black guys charged with simple posession that have no comments, because people don’t really care. Do me a favor, from this point on count the comments on every felony arrest. Dont count the responses to the racial nonsense that you post. You will see that it is pretty much equal. However you will notice there are more black males charged with felonies considering there is as least one a week charged with a shooting there will also be at least one white meth head a week.

2. kialboots says:

Toilet brush..

3. Comments..This is Goldsboro says:

Reading the comments on this site is why I will never move back to Goldsboro or raise children in that town. Racism is alive and well in Goldsboro and these comments prove it more and more everyday.

• You might want to take note that “race” is not usually brought into any of the comments until “Slim”, “Kathy” and a few others raise the issue. Most of the comments are directed at the criminal behaviors (of all races) and the decline of morals and personal responsibility. Slim always tries to “justify” the behavior of any black criminal and Kathy always makes snide remarks if the criminal is white. You can determine who the racists are….

• Adamrothman says:

So it’s racist when people don’t want a big section 8 complex built in their community? There is never crime in public housing areas is there?

4. EAGLE EYE says:

????, your right about the housing units in that area. It appears that shady politics and corruption is going on here. I don’t remember any type of community forum for input on the approval of these units. It looks like all the major players involved are retired or current local and state politicians. Whenever you hear a politician say I’m working for the betterment of the community then there is probably a payoff somewhere as in this case. Someone should take a deep look at this before the build not after.

• ???? says:

As you probably know, the story about the construction plan was reported in another news source this past Wednesday. I wish that GDN would do a story and detail more facts. To my knowledge, there was a similar push for apartments in that same area a few years ago and when concerned citizens met with officials, the plan was dropped. This plan seems to have been pushed through on the sly.

• Adamrothman says:

During the last election for mayor the current mayor was asked what he planned to do about all the shootings in goldsboro. His answer was that he planned to move the crime to other parts of the county. So there you go.

• citizenry says:

I’m concerned about our community, and community schools!

5. citizenry says:

What’s going on at Rosewood nowadays?

• ???? says:

Urban sprawl & it’s about to get worse out there when they build those 72 new “affordable housing units”, Adair Place, out there at Hwy 70W and Hwy 581.

• You Dont Know It All says:

Urban Sprawl? Haha! Y’all have a funny way of making underhand racist comments. First of all, he isn’t from the area. He is from another county and I’m sure was traveling through just as any other idiot can from another county or even another state. Second of all, he doesn’t have a lengthy criminal history. He is not perfect by no means but he only has 2 prior convictions – one from 2010 and one from 2013 and neither of them were for drugs. Most of you and your assumptions are wrong. If you’re going to be a narrow-minded butthole, at least be an accurate butthole with correct information. Before you go assuming again, no he isn’t a friend or a lover of mine, I just look into factual information before speaking on things that I have NO CLUE about.

• ???? says:

WOW! Someone has their panties in a wad today. I like the way you say “he ONLY has 2 prior convictions.” With any luck, (and a decent, out-of-town judge) hopefully that will soon change. I’m sure he’s a choir boy, takes his mama/grandma to church every Sunday and just made a mistake by hanging out with the wrong crowd. Go ahead and make any excuse you want, HE’S A CRIMINAL!!!!! If he wasn’t doing anything wrong, WHY would he have tried to avoid the roadblock and risk his life as well as others’ lives by doing 127mph? Wake up people…it’s not always about RACE…it’s about RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY.

• You Dont Know It All says:

You all missed my point once again with those narrow minds. He is far from a saint and both his previous convictions are serious. I am not trying to negate that. I clearly stated “If you’re going to be a narrow-minded butthole, at least be an accurate butthole with correct information.” because several statements made on here were racially fueled, biased, and not fact based. If you want to make negative statements about him running through the roadblock and for running from police or his previous felonies, then you have every right to. I am not defending his actions. PERIOD! However, commenting on “Urban sprawl” and section 8 housing being brought into certain areas, or his hair style doesn’t have a dang thing to do with the crime. He wasn’t raised in section 8 or the area in which the crime was committed. I know plenty of people with similar hairstyles that aren’t criminals and are very successful individuals. I also know what the word “vehemently” means. I’m not illiterate nor do I lack comprehension or the basic use of context clues. Also, I am conviction-free. NEVER had anything more than a speeding ticket.

• He’s ONLY been convicted of Larceny and Common Law Robbery.
        Yeah, he’s practically a “virgin”.
        Looked to me like ???? was responding to the question from Citizenry and was not specifically addressing the character (or lack thereof) of the young man that you’re so vehemently (that means “passionately”) defending.
        And then you had to go & get potty-mouthed.
        Shame on you.
        Do you reckon that makes your mama proud?
        Wondering (not assuming) how many convictions you might have.

6. Homer says:

Marge…how could you!

7. Tax Payer says:

Running from the police and endangering other people on the road . 20K Bond
    Don’t understand why Wayne County bonds are so low

8. Carter says:

What in the hell ?

9. Fed Up says:

Absolutely ridiculous.

10. Curious minds says:

OK, so is that a bandage on his head, or is it the latest fashion?

I honestly don’t know.

11. Jones says:

Would love to see a list of charges against him to see why he ran. Y’all usually print those along with the story.