Sunday 16 Jun 2019

Teens Arrested After Police Chase

Just after 12 PM Friday, a Goldsboro Police officer was conducting speed enforcement in the area of S. Harding Drive in Goldsboro when he clocked a vehicle traveling at an excessive speed in the residential area.  The officer attempted to stop the vehicle, however, the driver refused to stop resulting in a vehicle pursuit.  The suspect entered the Olde Farm subdivision where the driver allegedly threw a handgun from the vehicle while being pursued before stopping at the intersection of Tonya Drive and Sunset Drive.

Additional police units responded to assist and 18-year-old Tyler L. Jenkins and 18-year-old Kayleigh R. Edge, both of Goldsboro, were taken into custody without further incident.  The handgun thrown from the vehicle was recovered by responding Officers in the front yard of a residence along Tonya Drive.  There were no injuries reported during this incident.

Tyler L. Jenkins was transported to the Wayne County Magistrates Office where he was charged with Flee to Elude Arrest (M), Possession ofSchedule VI Controlled Substance (M), and Carrying a Concealed Weapon (M).  Jenkins was given a $25,000 secure bond.

Kayleigh R. Edge was charged with Possession of Schedule VI Controlled Substance (M) and released on her own recognizance.

Tyler Lee Jenkins

Kayleigh Renee Edge

1. Slim says:

You people are nuts lol. But anyway I’m not mad at anyone just enjoying good ol wayne co folks

2. Slim says:

Lesson for a day!!!. This is a comment site not a class room. You don’t understand slang talk that’s on you not here to impress No one just comments on our county.

3. Slim says:

You caught on to my point ol lady . very true what you said .those supposed to be so smart didn’t get it but you.

4. Slim, hope this helps….
    “want”: to have a desire to possess or do something
    Example: I “want” to speak in an intelligent manner so that everyone will understand me.
    “won’t”: a contraction meaning “will not”
    Example: That probably “won’t” happen.
    Next lesson : “there”, “they’re” & “their”

5. Slim says:

That’s is the reason our world so messed up now . you think you know everything . so smart you try to be in Washington D.C.

• Your lesson for the day says:

Slim,
      One is supposed to begin a sentence with a capital letter.

If one is asking a question, there should be a question mark at the end of the sentence.

People will take you more seriously if you are able to communicate in complete sentences.

• Slim, take a look at the members of the US Senate and House of Representatives. They’re proof that you don’t have to be smart to go to Washington, DC but lying, cheating and stealing will get you a nice, high-paying job with benefits that last for a whole lifetime.

6. Adamrothman says:

Blue, if you are addressing me I could care less whether you understand my language or not. Even a mere kindergarten student can understand my speech. What level of education have you attained.

• Blue says:

Negative sir, I was speaking to Slim.
      I have an Exercise and Physiology Degree, fyi.

• ???? says:

Adamrothman, this is just too funny. I have to admit, I was a bit “slow” this morning and it took me until my second cup of coffee to figure out what this was all about. Perhaps Slim should hire you as an interpreter or at the very least, a proofreader.

• I care says:

The saying is, “I couldn’t care less”. That means I care so very little about this subject that my care for it could not be any less.

What you are saying is that you do care, at least a little bit.

7. Fed Up says:

Two 18 year old winners right here.
    Sad to see them starting life on the wrong foot!

8. $$$ says:

Haha slim found a thesaurus.

9. Slim says:

And no I want talking to you ??? . if I was I would of call you out for your opinion. Just a question mark . ok .

• Adamrothman says:

No, I was not responding to you. If I was responding to you, I would have mentioned your name directly. I simply used a common punctuation mark that indicates a question.
      Ladies and gentlemen I broke the code.

• Jesus says:

Want?

Quality education at its finest.

10. Slim says:

If you talking to me blue it don’t matter to me if you understand me . kindergarten understand me good so what class you in .

• Blue says:

Obviously not the same one. “Bless your heart.”
      Kids, be cool and stay in school.
      Kids, remember crack is whack.

11. Kathy says:

I guess Kayleigh is living on the Edge.

12. YJDK says:

Sure is a low bond especially when involving dope and guns.

• Really? says:

$25k is a low bond for 1st time misdemeanor charges? Sometimes I think people on here don’t understand the purpose of bond. It’s not a punishment. It’s to secure the suspect in returning to court for trial. No record, misdemeanor charges, and little evidence of a propensity to skip trial should generally result in a low bond.

13. Taxpayer says:

Lock Jenkins up and keep him there. He’s a nuisance to the people of Wayne County. Or even better, ship him to Mexico to play bad boy there.

14. Slim says:

Well .see how many. Comments made on speeding now an drugs ???? Look like more off the streets .wonder what they mom gonna say???

• Blue says:

Dude, do you type the way you talk?
      It’s rather difficult to take someone serious when they write like a Kindergartener or speak “street.”

• English grammar says:

Would someone please translate this entry for me?

• ???? says:

Slim, I don’t know if you specifically addressed this to me or if your finger got hung up on the “?” key on your computer, but if you’re asking for my opinion, I firmly believe that these young folks need to be taught a lesson (jail time) by our judiciary system. I seriously doubt that will happen though since it appears that this is the first time either has been charged. They’ll probably be given suspended sentences, lectured and turned back onto the streets to continue on with this type of behavior. Hopefully they’ll not injure or kill anyone the next time the police have to chase them down. Maybe their mamas will “set them straight” after this but then at 18, they’re not likely to be paying attention to anything mama has to say.

15. Stupid, stupid, stupid!