Monday 19 Aug 2019

Suspect Faces 3 Counts Of Indecent Liberties With A Child

An arrest is made is a sexual assault case first reported in 2017. The adult victim filed the complaint in October of 2017 with the Goldsboro Police Department in reference to being sexually assaulted when she was a juvenile between the ages of 11 – 16.  The case was investigated and information was eventually turned over to the Wayne County District Attorney’s Office.  On June 3rd, a True Bill of Indictment was granted and an Order for Arrest was issued for 64-year-old Bronnie Edwards of Smithfield for three counts of Indecent Liberties with a Child (Lewd and Lascivious Act).  Edwards turned himself in at the Wayne County Magistrates Office Monday.  He was given a $25,000 secured bond and he was placed in the Wayne County Jail.

Bronnie Edwards

1. Close friend says:

Actually, the reason he isn’t with their grandma anymore is because the night she found out what he had done, she threw him out.

2. Amazed says:

Wait a minute y’all! What happened to “innocent until proven guilty”???? The comments made from Family could be legit. I had this very same thing happen in my family many many years ago. A cousin wanted to spite a man in our family and made up a ridiculous lie that she was molested. After years of legs battle and many tears shed by everyone, this girl admitted making it up. There is ALWAYS two sides. IF he is guilty, he should be locked up but, this article doesn’t tell the whole story it seems

• Family of victim says:

This story is as true as it gets. This fool is a pervert that deserves to be on blast and locked up. There is way more to the story but nothing they do to him will ever be enough. This young woman has been robbed of life. She could have been so more but has been robbed of that by this horrible individual. He has admitted what he did so there is no doubt this is true. This charge is ridiculous because it should say rape!! HE IS A RAPIST AND SHOULD FOREVER BE RECOGNIZED AS A RAPIST!!!!!!

• Family says:

Funny he has taking test after test ( lie Detective test ) and they said he didn’t do it just because of a new law they come after him again. Ruin his life if that’s what your trying to do you have but he has a big family that are going to stand by him. A lot of nieces nephews and great nieces and great nephews who he as never done anything to but be good to us and it broke our hearts for someone like him to be going though this.

3. wheezer says:

Why are men automatically considered guilty simply because a female makes an accusation, especially from a long time ago?
    The comments here are indicative of the public’s desire to crucify the guy, and have his life ruined (the internet never forgets – even if he is acquitted). If the victim’s name is withheld, so should the accused, until found guilty.

4. Family says:

This is my uncle who has been around my sisters and I for years we stayed with him and he’s kids as children and not once would he ever would think of doing something like this. I have 4 sisters and I’m grown now with 4 girls of my own which now are up in age and I have always talked to them about stuff like this even today I asked them again and they said he would ever do that mommy. He’s not that kind of person and I told them I know I just wanted to ask. I don’t understand how someone would try to destroy someone with lies !!!! Just to try to get back at him for not being with there grandma anymore!!!!!

• Slim says:

Well I hope he was lied on so he carry on with his life and be more careful what he say and do around people . People will change stories on you . I know exactly what you are saying I got family member in the same boat .But theres another side to his story on his deal. But Criticize on here. Just pray for your uncle and stand by him .

5. Kathy says:

DESPICABLE. ROBBING INNOCENCE & FOR DAMAGING PSYCHES. LOCK HIM UP FOREVER AND. THROW AWAY THE KEY.

6. What is wrong with these people?????????????????? Takes a sick person to do this

7. Ugh says:

Kudos to the victim for speaking out! Hope he gets the harshest punishment possible if convicted!

8. Adamrothman says:

Sick

9. Slim says:

Wow. I wish I could start a program to make these young ladies talk when they ever touch in a bad way. So sad.

10. Retail Worker says:

Glad the victim came forward. So many don’t. Hope he gets what he deserves!

11. Fed Up says:

He’s right where he needs to be!