Friday 22 Nov 2019

Wayne UNC Awarded Third Straight “A” Grade

The Leapfrog Group, a national hospital rating organization, has assigned its highest hospital safety grade (A) to Wayne UNC Health Care for a third consecutive time. The organization ranks 2,600 hospitals across the country twice annually.

“The safety and quality of care we provide our patients continues to be our highest priority,” said Janie Jaberg, FACHE, President & CEO of Wayne UNC Health Care. “We are honored to be recognized by a national organization like Leapfrog for this important achievement.”

The Leapfrog Group grades hospitals on their performance on 28 national, publicly-reported patient safety measures. This includes evaluating a hospital’s progress on using best practices and evidence-based standards in the care it provides.

“Of course, our work doesn’t end here,” continued Jaberg. “Delivering the best experience for our patients means a constant focus on improvement. We are passionate about living our Mission and being our community’s choice for safe, quality health care.”

Wayne UNC’s A safety grade places the health system among the top 33% of hospitals nation-wide.

1. anonymous says:

To address the nay- sayers, the hospital treats their employees like they are dogs. If they get a award it is pick and choose who they want to give the bonuses. If you have been faithful you should get it, if you been there a year you should get it.

2. Anonymous says:

BTW, I’m not affiliated with Wayne UNC in any way but I have friends who do work there and have listened to them explain the challenges of providing patient care and following all of the guidelines required to achieve a grade “A”.

3. Valentina M Barnes says:

Im so bothered that no one has reached out to me concerning the mistreatment of my family during my Dads stay. I requested to speak to a CEO. Please contact me asap. Thk u

• Citizen says:

A grade A, this hospital is a joke. The ER only has 2 diagnosis..you either have Vertigo or a virus. I live in Goldsboro, and will travel to Vidant for a proper diagnosis and life saving treatment. Wayne UNC I’m not sure how the doctors are trained but I’ve never heard of a successful story just missed diagnosis, and terrible treatment, from children to adults. I’ve had better success taking my children to fast Med over Wayne UNC. My families primary care is outside of Goldsboro because of the quality of care that we receive. I know You can’t please everyone but when a community has the same story it can’t be all lies..

• Anonymous says:

First of all, the doctors who treat patients at Wayne UNC are not employees of Wayne UNC. They work for their own practice or group. The ED is staffed with doctors from Goldsboro Emergency Medicine Specialists. If your complaint is about the doctor’s diagnosis in the ED, talk to them not Wayne UNC. Now then, if you and your family are visiting the ED for a sore throat or the sniffles which is appears you are, then you are part of the problem clogging up the ED with non-emergency visits. I’m sure the hospital or your medical insurance provider would be glad to help educate you about how to make the best use of the health care resources in our community.

• Anonymous says:

Did your father sign the appropriate documents to give the hospital permission to speak to about his care? If not, they may not be able to legally speak with you about it due to HIPAA regulations